Andy Murray got his 2017 Wimbledon Championships off to a victorious start on Monday after defeating Alexander Bublik 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 to move into the next round of the competition.
The world No. 1 has struggled with a hip injury of late but vowed to compete in Monday’s first-round opener, dusting off any concerns to record a convincing win on Centre Court.
Murray was hardly a favourite coming into the competition and remains dark horse to defend his title at 6/1 (7.00), with Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and favourite Roger Federer ahead of him in most markets.
Nadal did his bit as a frontrunner for this year’s crown and demolished John Millman 6-1, 6-3, 6-2 on Monday afternoon, while Federer and Djokovic are due to make their 2017 bows on Tuesday.
Wimbledon 2017 Men’s Singles Odds
- Roger Federer: 2/1 (3.00)
- Rafael Nadal: 4/1 (5.00)
- Novak Djokovic: 5/1 (6.00)
- Andy Murray: 6/1 (7.00)
- Marin Cilic: 16/1 (17.00)
- Milos Raonic: 16/1 (17.00)
- Alexander Zverev: 25/1 (26.00)
- Nick Kyrgios: 25/1 (26.00)
- Stanislas Wawrinka: 33/1 (34.00)
- Grigor Dimitrov: 33/1 (34.00)